I often whip this up for a quick and healthy lunch for one, but it makes a fantastic salad. Rich with nutrients, it’s also gluten, dairy and sugar free!
This is pure pantry staple heaven in a bowl. A quick no fuss lunch that just makes you feel good inside. I like to use Sirena Tuna packed in oil here. It’s chunky and full of flavour. If you’re not a fan of Tuna, salmon or cooked chicken could be used instead.
To turn this into a more substantial meal, toss through cooked pasta and a good splash of olive oil.
- 400g Tuna, packed in oil, drained
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
- ¼ small red onion, finely sliced and chopped
- 8 – 10 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 avocados, halved, seeds removed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the tuna, beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Season with salt and toss everything together to combine. Tip out onto a serving platter.
- Spoon the avocado in chunks around the sides of the salad. Grind over some black pepper.