These sweet little ravioli are ridiculously easy to make, and unbelievably good. Smooth cream cheese and sweet berries encased in a crisp pastry, dusted in icing sugar, what’s not to like? Think of them as crunchy little jam doughnuts. Just be careful, they are piping hot in the centre.. wait and let them cool a little (if you can).
- 20 square Wonton wrappers
- 200gm spreadable cream cheese
- 150 gm strawberry jam
- Canola oil, for frying
- 3 tblspns icing sugar mixture, for dusting
- Place a scant teaspoon of strawberry jam onto a wonton square. Top with the same amount of cream cheese. Brush the edges with a little water, and use your fingers to fold the pastry in half, corner to corner, to form a triangle. Press around the filling and the edges to completely seal.
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway up with Canola oil and heat to 170 degrees. To test, drop in a small pinch of bread. If it starts sizzling the oil is ready.
- Drop in each ravioli, a few at a time and cook until golden, turning once. This will only take around 30 – 40 seconds so keep an eye on them.
- Remove and drain on paper towel while you cook the rest. Arrange on a serving platter and dust liberally with icing sugar.