Strawberries are generally saved for sweet treats, but this salad is perfect for the summer months and is absolutely delicious too. The tangy poppy seed dressing really makes this special. I love this with grilled chicken
- 1 x 160gm packet washed baby spinach leaves
- 2 punnets strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tblspn balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 tblspns poppy seeds
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and onion.
- Put the sugar, vinegars, olive oil, salt and poppy seeds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse the combine.
- Toss the salad with enough dressing to coat it. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve immediately.