This is one of those ‘throw everything in’ kind of dishes that you can put together in 5 minutes. Easy and delicious – this is family cooking at it’s best.
- 1.5 kgs chicken pieces (I used skinless chicken legs)
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges (skin on)
- 3 potatoes, cut into wedges (skin on)
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 4 - 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 tblspns dried oregano
- 1 tblspn paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Place a sheet of baking paper into a large roasting pan.
- Add the chicken, onion, garlic and potatoes in one layer.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and throw all the wedges into the pan.
- Pick some leaves off the rosemary and add to the pan, add the rest of the rosemary sprigs whole.
- Sprinkle with the oregano, paprika, a few grinds of pepper and a few pinches of salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place into the oven
- Cook for 45 - 60 minutes, or until golden, basting with it's juices every now and then. If the chicken seems dry, drizzle with a little more olive oil while cooking.