The Spanish combination of prawn and chorizo is a match made in heaven. Here I’ve added pasta, my all time favourite ingredient, to make a complete meal. The oil- based sauce is laced with garlic, chilli and lemon which makes this sing and the creamy feta really makes it something special. Super quick and easy to make, this will surely become a family favourite.
Serves: serves 4
- 400gm penne, or other type of pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Chorizo, peeled and sliced
- 16 green tiger prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- juice of ½ a large lemon
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 150 g feta, crumbled
- Put a large pot of water on to high heat and bring to the boil. Add a good pinch of salt and the pasta. Stir. Cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frypan over medium – high heat. Add the olive oil and Chorizo and cook for 1 2 minutes, or until Chorizo is starting to crisp on the edges.
- Add the prawns and garlic. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until prawns are just cooked.
- Drain the pasta and then add directly into the pan with the Chorizo and prawns. Stir to combine. Season with a little salt, add the chilli, lemon juice, parsley and feta and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.