This recipe makes 1 kg dough; enough for 2 large pizzas, or 3 medium.
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tspn sugar
- 7gm (1 sachet) dry active yeast
- 4 cups strong bread flour
- 2 tspn salt
- 2 tblspn olive oil
- Put the water, sugar and yeast in a small jug and let sit for 5 minutes, or until foamy. Mix the flour in a large bowl, make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and the olive oil and mix together. Knead until it is a smooth springy ball of dough.
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a large bowl, put dough in and turn to coat, cover and rest in a warm place for 1 hour, or until dough has doubled in size. Punch dough down and knead briefly. Cut in half, or thirds, form into balls and allow to rest for 5 minutes before stretching and rolling out to form pizza bases.
- Top with your favourite tomato sauce or Sugo and your favourite toppings. Cook in a very hot oven.