This is one of my all time favourite throw together meals. I make this at least once a week for my family because it’s a winner every time. The chicken comes out crispy and full of flavor from my Citrus Spice Rub, and the potatoes suck up all the flavor from the chicken juices and the herbs.
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1.5 kgs chicken pieces
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges (skin on)
- 3 potatoes, cut into wedges (skin on)
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 2 tblsp Liliana's Citrus Spice Rub
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place a sheet of baking paper into a large roasting pan. Add the chicken, onion, garlic and potatoes in one layer.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and throw all the wedges into the pan.
- Sprinkle with the Citrus Spice Mix, drizzle with olive oil and place into the oven.
- Cook for 45 – 60 minutes, or until golden, basting with it’s juices every now and then. If the chicken seems dry, drizzle with a little more olive oil while cooking. Serve.