These cookies are a win/win in my books. The kids get a yummy cookie filled with chocolate chips, and I’m happy there’s a little bit of healthy oats going in at the same time.
- 125gm butter, softened
- 100gm caster sugar
- 100gm brown sugar
- ½ tspn vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 100gm rolled oats
- 150gm plain flour
- ½ tspn baking powder
- ½ tspn bicarbonate soda
- 200gm dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line 2 large baking trays.
- Beat the butter, sugars and vanilla with electric beaters until thick and pale.
- Beat in the egg until just combined.
- Fold in the oats, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and chocolate. Mix to a dough.
- Place tablespoonfuls of mixture onto the baking trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from trays, they will still feel soft, and cool on wire racks. Once cool they will harden.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.