This is essentially an omelette on the go. Pack all the goodness into a wrap and off you go. I love Mexican flavours, the tomato salsa and avocado is so nice with eggs.
Spice this up as much as you like with a spicy sauce, or even add some chopped jalapenos if you’re game. As with any recipe, change this up to suit what you like, you could add some cooked chopped chicken, bacon or corn kernels. Add a dollop of sour cream if you like.
- 2 – 3 eggs
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs
- Olive oil
- Soft tortilla wraps
- ½ sliced avocado
- ½ sliced tomato
- Store bought Mexican salsa sauce
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Add the cheese, spinach, herbs and some salt and pepper . If the mixture is dry, add the extra egg and whisk in. It should be a little wet.
- Heat a frypan to medium and add a little olive oil
- Add the omelette mixture to the pan and tilt the pan to ensure the base is coated
- Cook for 2 -3 minutes, then flip over. Cook for another minute, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan with a spatula and place onto a tortilla
- Top with slices of avocado and tomato and a dollop of salsa.
- Season with salt and pepper and roll up into a wrap