Party food doesn’t need to be fattening. These healthy fresh little bites are perfect to serve during the crazy festive season. The colours are perfect for little Christmas canapés without the calories. Take the time to make these look beautiful on the plate, we eat with our eyes!
Serves: 6 - 8
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 200gm spreadable light cream cheese
- 4 tblspns light mayonnaise
- 8 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Grated rind of 1 small lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 punnet baby Roma or Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Basil leaves, extra, for garnish
- 1 tblspn olive oil for drizzling
- Peel the cucumber and cut into 1 cm rounds.
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chopped basil leaves and lemon rind in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe a small amount on top of each cucumber slice. Top with a tomato half and a basil leaf.
- Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Serve.