Persimmon is a beautiful fruit. Available in our Autumn months, they are only here for a limited tie, so get your hands on them while you can. Try them on crostini with blue cheese, walnut and balsalmic glaze. An exotic and delicious antipasti sure to please.
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1cm slices
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- 1 packet of baby spinach or rocket
- 2 - 3 persimmons, finely sliced
- 200gm creamy blue cheese such as Castello or Gorgonzolla
- 100gm shelled walnut halves
- 3 -4 tblspns Balsalmic Glaze or Syrup
- Heat a grill pan over medium - high heat and drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add the baguette slices and cook on each side until slightly golden.
- Alternatively, place the baguette slices on a baking tray and cook in a 180 degrees oven until golden (about 10 minutes).
- Place a little rocket or spinach on each baguette slice.
- Top with 2 - 3 slices of Persimmon.
- Top with a thin slice of blue cheese.
- Place a walnut half on top of the cheese and drizzle with Balsalmic Glaze.
- Note: Balsalmic Glaze is found in most supermarkets, sometimes called Balsalmic Syrup.