The possibilities are endless with this recipes, you can add any flavours you like. I prefer it simple with the addition of some fresh seasonal strawberries. They have just enough ‘tart’ flavour to cut through the sweet creaminess of the panna cotta without over powering it.
Serves: 6 - 8
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 2 tspns Gelatine powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ a vanilla bean
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, chopped
- Pour ¼ cup of the cream into a bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine over the surface and leave for 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining cream and sugar into a medium saucepan. Cut down the length of the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds, add to the saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat, add the cream mixed with gelatine and the buttermilk and whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a jug.
- Place 8 small jars or glasses onto a baking tray that will fit in your refrigerator. Pour the mixture halfway up each glass/jar. Cover with clingwrap and leave to set overnight in your refrigerator. They will keep like this for up to 3 days.
- Top with fresh strawberries to serve.