Green vegetables are so good for you and a great side dish to a simple protein when you’re trying to get healthy. This is one of my favourite ways to eat vegetables. You can use any leafy greens such as silverbeet, spinach,chard, broccoli leaves or kale.
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 tblspns olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 bunch silverbeet, chard or broccoli leaves, trimmed and washed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add broccoli to a pot of boiling salted water. Cook for 20 seconds or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Dry.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan. Sautee the garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add the chard/leaves and stir until wilted. Add the broccoli, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss for 30 seconds.