Brioche is a sweet yeast bread that is incredibly buttery and light. I’ve used it here to make a decadent version of French toast teamed with bananas and honey. A simple recipe that is a real breakfast treat.
- 2 slices Brioche
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- ½ tspn vanilla extract
- 2 tblspns butter
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 3 tblspns honey
- 2 heaped tblspns Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tblspn icing sugar, for dusting
- Crack the eggs into a bowl with the milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Pour into a shallow dish and add the Brioche. Allow to soak for 30 seconds, then flip over and soak the other side.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a frypan over medium heat until melted. Remove the Brioche slices from the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off, then add to the fry pan. Cook 1 minute, then turn over and cook the other side. Keep cooking until golden. Remove from pan and put each slice on a plate.
- Top each Brioche with slices of banana, drizzle with a little honey and dollop with a tablespoon of yoghurt. Dust with icing sugar and serve.