You may think Beetroot in a cake is a strange addition, but these chocolate cakes taste intensely chocolatey. The beetroot keeps these cakes super moist and if you’re wanting to get some extra veggies in your kid’s diet they’re a perfect lunchbox filler.
- 3 beetroot bulbs (375gm) , peeled and grated
- 1 and ¾ cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups caster sugar
- 180gm butter, melted
- 150gm dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- sifted icing sugar to finish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line two muffin tins with paper cases
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spoon into the muffin cases until ¾ full. Smooth tops.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once cool, dust with sifted icing sugar.