If you’ve got a bowl full of bananas that have seen a better day, don’t throw them out, make this delicious banana loaf instead.
Slice and freeze wrapped in clingfilm so you can grab a couple of pieces out and pop in the toaster for a great breakfast any day of the week.
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tspn ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 50 gm walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced). Line a loaf tine with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg, oil, vanilla, bananas and nuts. Fold with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into prepared tin, smooth the top and bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.